GeoXML : parses KML/GML(like the results of WFS requests)/GPX and GeoRSS
This Google Maps Extension enables client-side parsing and viewing of a number of flavors of GeoXml, ncluding GML from WFS servers, GPX from GPS devices or log as well as KML and multiple flavors of GeoRSS,In addition to the XML it supports saving out and re-loading of KJSON (plans are in to split the KJSON parsing/loading and XML based parsing)
This code generally targets enabling larger data sizes in Google Maps rather than the small My Maps support provided by EGeoXml and generally supporting Open Standards
Click to Check out Version 3 appropriate for the Latest Version of the Google Maps API
- GML parsing (such as produced by Web Feature Servers version 1.1 to 1.30)
- GeoRSS parsing
- GPX parsing
- Inline KML styles
- Basic support of StyleMaps (no special effects yet)
- WMS based ground overlays implemented as tiled overlays
(may use gmcrs='epsg:41001' or 'epsg:54004' or 'epsg:900913')
- Support Random Colors (GML and any unstyled formats or unstyled kml currently use this)
- KML Nested tree in sidebar
customizeable icons for folders and documents and data .. various types.
- JSONized KML loading and saving---> (KJSON) requires JSON.js script for creation
KJSON creation page here is an example of a page which lets you load a GeoXml and save to KJSON (the saving buttons appear after a GeoXml file has been loaded) - make good Prism Web 2.0 App.
- Background loading of images from descriptions
- Basic Network Link Support (requires a defined proxy)
- Polygon Labeling (uses polystyleclass versus pointstyleclass for points) requires ELabel on the page.
- Asynchronous parsing of XML derived polylines and polygons (necessary for larger sets of elements)
technique also used in JSON
GeoXml now hosted at http://code.google.com/p/geoxml/
This code base includes code originally derived from Mike Williams EGeoXml but by now almost entirely re-written, PolyLine Encoder is from Mark McClure (slightly altered - primarily with attempts to accelerate - using square distance but otherwise intact) enabled polygon holes/islands (not supported in EGeoXml) and also a Clusterer from Jeff Pozkanzer at acme labs (altered to support polys and doing double duty as a delaid sidebar writing mechanismm) clustering is mostly disabled changed the number of markers to 650 and polylines are not added to cluster just excluded when not in view.
Plans and Limits
Use of drop down menu listing documents from EGeoXml is currently not implmented.
Additional limitation : sidebar sorting and subfolder structure in the kml are incompatible (in examples below the Florida multi-route test would not work well for this.
A few known user links:
You may use this code freely ... if you need help help or would care to encourage the developer who spends way too much free time on this, or wish to promote your favorite features? feel free to donate and or send a message.
Thanks, Lance Alan Dyas
Tiled Mapping Developments